- Preparation time
- Cooking time
- 2 sheets 2 sheets ready made Puff Pastry
- 4.5 oz 120 gr Unsalted butter
- 4.5 oz 120 gr Breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon 1 tablespoon Pine Nuts
- 1 tablespoon 1 tablespoon Raisins
- some drops some drops Vanilla Estract
- of one lemon Lemon Juice
- 1 teaspoon 1 teaspoon Lemon Rind
- 5 oz 150 gr Caster Sugar
- 1 teaspoon 1 teaspoon Cinnamon Powder
- 3 Golden Delicious 3 Golden Delicious Apple
Many apple strudel recipes are a bit disappointing: this is not. It’s a rich mouthwatering but still healthy recipe, that you can variate adding Rum, or chocolate or any kind of nut you prefer… Preheat the oven to 200°/375 F and line a baking tray with greaseproof paper.
In a large non stick pan sauté the apples with butter for 4-5 minutes, until softened.
Then transfer on a bowl and add the vanilla extract, the lemon juice and zest, the caster sugar, the pine cone nuts and the raisin. Add the cinnamon powder. Add the breadcrumbs and work the mixture to combine. Lay out the pastry sheet into a long rectangle. Spread the filling on the center of the pastry, leaving a border of 2 inch.
Fold the long sides of pastry, than close the short sides with a gentle pressure.
Brush the surface with the egg yolk beaten.
Bake for 15 minutes, or until crisp and golden brown. Cut into six pieces and serve warm.