- Preparation time
- Cooking time
- 17 oz 500 gr Ground Beef
- 7 oz 200 gr (italian prosciutto cotto) Ham
- 1 clove 1 clove crushed Garlic
- 2 cups 2 cups freshly grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1 tablespoon 1 tablespoon chopped (better flat leaves one) Italian Parsley
- 1/2 cup 1/2 cup seasoned Breadcrumbs
- 1 1 Eggs
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Oil to deep fry
In a large bowl, thoroughly combine all the ingredients above, except for the frying oil. You’d better combine the bread crumbs at last, as quantities should vary in case the mixture is too tick or too runny: the right mixture has to be moist, but still hold its shape.
Using your hands, roll the mixture into meatballs. Heat the oil in a large frying pan. Start frying only when the oil is really hot.
Fry the meatballs for about 4-5 minutes, until golden brown and crispy. Make sure you do not add too much food at once or the oil temperature will drop. You’d better fry the meatballs little by little, otherwise the food will look and taste like boiled, not fried.
Drain on a paper towel and serve hot, with some mayonnaise or mustard.